The Ram, Korat
430/6 Leap Klong Rd, Korat.
This pub and restaurant opened in December, 2008, and quickly became one of the favorite meeting points for the foreign community in Korat, thanks to its several assets and sympathy of the owners. It was setup by Steve and Nang. The business has been sold and it’s now runned by Arthur and his girlfriend since February 2010.
Besides bar and restaurant service, The Ram offers the following features and initiatives:
– Internal and external seating areas, for a total capacity of up to 50 people
– TV screens inside and outside
– Additional projection screen inside, with its own programming independent from TV screens
– Music system inside and outside
– Pool table
– Professional darts board, with competitions organized every Monday evening, on which occasions ladies have the right to play pool for free
– Quiz Night organized every Wednesday evening. Participants take turns in preparing 50 questions on rather general topics, which are answered in writing on special forms by the other participants, normally in groups of 2 to 4 people. Winners get special prizes.
– Organization of private parties
– Free book exchange
They offer a large selection of foreign dishes, like Chicken Tikka Masala.
India curry, generous portion with chips. 220 baht.
The Ram is located on Leab Klong Road, next to Sabai hotel and just behind Makro wholesale store. To get there from the main Bus Station (Bus Station no. 2), take left on the main road, go past Makro until you reach first traffic lights (crossing between Mitthapap and Chang Phuak Rd), turn left and immediately left again. Proceed for another 400 metres and you will notice their sign on the right side of the road.
Open everyday from 12:00 until… everybody has left, usually around midnight
Eating up with family.